Blog Archive

Monday, December 26, 2011

Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA II 32 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Desktop Drive Retail Kit WDBAAZ0010HNC-NRSN

Wd caviar black high-performance up to 2 tb 3.5-inch sata hard drives combine 7200 rpm spin speed, 32 mb cache, sata 3 gb/s interface, and an integrated dual processor for lightning-fast performance in demanding desktop, workstation, and multi-drive systems. rock solid mechanical architecture and enhanced reliability features help protect the drive and the data stored on it. backed by a 5-year limited warranty.

Brand: Western Digital Model: WDBAAZ0010HNC-NRSN Format: CD-ROM Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 1.03" h x 4.00" w x 5.79" l, Hard Disk: 1000GB Maximum performance Ultra cool and quiet 7200 RPM

Most helpful customer reviews 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful. Great Company, Product, Price By Robert Watkins I now own 2 WD 1 Terabyte HDs. I always trusted the name and products of WD as well as the reseller, Amazon for great products, expedient delivery, and most efficient courteous service when needed. This drive is very quiet and fast even with the enormous data capacity. It will work on the standard 3Gb/s or 6Gb/s automatically, without the need for jumper (unless it is hooked up on your front chassis for quick removal and you have a different speed drive installed. Specifically speaking, the Coolermaster HAF-X. I have the original 1 TB HD installed inside my case, with the new 1 TB HD on the plug in, in the front. It would not work until I put a jumper on it. Removing the 3 GB/s drive made the other run properly, though at only 3 GB/s since my mobo does not support 6 GB/s. But for future expansion it is perfect. It actually tests a tad faster than the other drive. I never hear it (8 fans running), never gets hot or even warm and never had data loss. It is a great buy no matter weather your mobo supports 3 or 6 GB/s as when you do upgrade to a 6GB/s mobo you will be all set. 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful. Works fast, fairly quiet. By Spool'n Jim When I purchased this product, the thing said it had a 64mb Cache but it only has a 32mb one. Other than that, can't complain. 0 of 0 people found the following review helpful. Fantastic Hard Drive By Anthony G. Simonetta Reading the other reviews sort of worried me, and almost scared me out of buying a new hard drive. I am an average-knowledge techy that can hold his own in any pc-based conversation. I also have a good, working knowledge of a computer and its components; but I am by-no-means an expert. Because of this, I was worried that if I ran into any technical issues during the installation of this hardware that I would be screwed. Despite this, I still took the plunge and bought this to replace my old, and small, 250 GB, cheap hard drive that originally came with my system. Simply put, this is one of the best purchases I have ever made.Packaging: I have noticed a lot of reviews complain about the packaging which has led to some people's hardware being damaged. This problem HAS been solved. Amazon has packaged this drive perfectly and it came in pristine condition. Installation (Physical): The physical act of installing this drive was simple. I made sure to touch the metal on my chassis to expel any static I was carrying. I unplugged the cables of my old drive, pulled it out, put the new drive in, and attached the cables. Installation (Turning on the PC and beyond): I turned on the computer with my new Windows 7 OS (which I highly recommend--it is awesome [the only people who have issues with it are overly-ignorant, annoying people who are either a. MAC lovers, or b. people who just like complaining about stuff] best Windows OS to date, period). The hard drive booted right up, my computer posted without issues (that awesome beep that everyone loves to hear), and the Windows installation bar appeared at the bottom of my screen. From there, Windows installed flawlessly and within 30 minutes I had a brand new, 1 TB hard drive up and running with 0 issues! Yay!Noise, Heat, Etc.: I have also read a lot of reviews refer to the noise of this drive. It is no louder than my previous drive and I can barely hear it. in fact, unless I am concentrating on listening to every tiny, little sound my computer makes, I cannot hear it over the cooling system anyway. As far as heat, there is absolutely no difference in the internal temperature of my case. In fact, my internal chassis temperature went down .7 degrees. Overall: This was the most relieving and enjoyable experience I have ever had installing anything. I was very proud afterwards, but really, I owe that to how easy the manufacturers made it to install this drive. It is literally a plug and play

0 comments:

Post a Comment