Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(97)
-
▼
February
(28)
- Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB SATA Internal Ha...
- ioSafe Solo 1.5 TB Fireproof and Waterproof Extern...
- Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Black with Free Fall...
- Sans Digital TowerRAID TR4M-B 4 Bay SATA to eSATA ...
- Eagle Tech ET-CSKESU2-BK 2.5/3.5-Inch Drive Dockin...
- Drobo FS 5-bay Gbe Storage Array
- Toshiba Canvio Plus 640 GB USB 2.0 Portable Extern...
- Mediasonic External Hard Drive Enclosure (HFR2-SU3S2)
- HDD/WD RE4 1.5TB SATA 3.5"
- Sans Digital TowerRAID TR4M-BP - 4 Bay eSATA RAID ...
- Western Digital Caviar GreenPower 1TB SATA Hard Dr...
- Vantec NexStar NST-D200SU 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA t...
- Western Digital 800 GB Caviar Green SATA Intellipo...
- Clickfree Automatic Backup C2 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop...
- Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA II, 32 MB C...
- Western Digital 1 TB AV-GP SATA 3 Gb/s Intellipowe...
- 1TB 7200RPM 16MB Ext HDD
- Hitachi Ultrastar 3.5-Inch 2 TB 7200RPM SATA III 6...
- Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipo...
- Toshiba Canvio Plus 750 GB USB 2.0 Portable Extern...
- Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB SATA II 32 MB ...
- Western Digital 750 GB Scorpio Blue SATA 3 Gb/s 52...
- Verbatim 500 GB USB 2.0 CLĂ…N Portable External Ha...
- Samsung HD154UI 1.5 TB SATA 5400 RPM Hard Drive
- Toshiba Canvio Plus 1.0 TB USB 2.0 Portable Extern...
- Samsung 1 TB SATA II Hard Drive HD103UJ
- Toshiba Canvio Plus 320 GB 2.0 Portable External H...
- Buffalo Technology DriveStation AV 1.0TB USB 2.0 E...
-
▼
February
(28)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA II, 32 MB Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive WD10000LSRTL - Retail
WD Caviar Black drives combine a high performance electronics architecture with a rock solid mechanical architecture to deliver the perfect storage solution for your fully-loaded PC or maxed out gaming machine. Cool drive operation, no-touch head technology, and leading-edge vibration protection ensure enhanced reliability and sustained data throughput.
Brand: Western Digital Model: WD10000LSRTL Original language: English Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 1.03" h x 4.00" w x 5.80" l, 1.52 pounds Dual processor: Twice the processing power to maximize performance. The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head Massive Capacity: WD Caviar Black SATA drives are available in capacities up to 1 TB.
Most helpful customer reviews 56 of 64 people found the following review helpful. Disk good, packing bad (no, make that bad/bad) By 11bravo There IS a reason to buy RETAIL disks, not OEM disks, from Amazon, and that is the shipment's packing. Received this disk in a "standard" box (those just fine for BOOKS), with some brown paper wadded in along the SIDES of the disk's own box. No bubble wrap, no plastic air bubbles, just some paper that did NOT prevent the Western Digital box from moving around, as I noticed when I picked up the box from the porch. Come on, Amazon, these are NOT books, dvd's, or hand tools... At least you could put enough packing in so the object does not move, let alone putting packing in above and below to REALLY cushion the hardware. I'll note that the Amazon box was crushed in on 1 end a good inch, no doubt from having something dropped on it. UPS is not exactly known for its gentle handling of packages... Amazon should be aware of that and act accordingly. If this had been an OEM disk, I would have returned it immediately, not even bothering to format. With the retail version, I'll format and run a chkdsk. But in continues to amaze me why Amazon so carelessly ships computer hardware with such poor packing. Makes me want to look ELSEWHERE for computer products. Evening's UPDATE: Call the coroner - this drive is DOA. Plugged it in, powered it up, can hear it come up to speed, then click click - it's the head's death rattle; Window's disk manager waiting in vain for a disk that will never appear. Shame. UPS/Amazon has murdered another one... The only "good" news is, I won't have to wait for chkdsk's run... Note: this is the RETAIL version - i.e., comes in its own box, not an OEM (static bag only). If Amazon's packaging can't protect a retail box, think how an OEM would suffer... 17 of 18 people found the following review helpful. 5-yr warranty yes. By Omni Presence WD Caviar Black 1TB 32mb cache retail. Nice. This is apparently THE best drive right now considering the claimed performance and reliability. Price is very good at $99. Get retail box instead of the OEM Bulk drive. Retail has better packing, better binning selection from the factory, and overall your best chance of receiving a reliable drive that performs the way it's supposed to and will receive full warranty. (WD warranties the OEM bulk drive purchase 5yrs as long as it is shipped correctly, and there's the rub). Install is easy. Plug and play. Drive gets WARM so place it with some airflow. I have a well-ventilated case and the drive is reading 34C (93F) at idle. That's 10 degrees warmer than I'm used to with my old 160gb Caviar. The papers in the box claim 5yr warranty. WD website concurs. I don't think you need to register to get warranty service, just need your receipt. I have had no trouble from WD when I had to return a drive (did three last year) and I have never registered. AMAZON SHIPPING IS STILL AN ISSUE. Retail 1TB Black arrived with the retail box intact but loose in the shipping box, with some packing material tossed in randomly. The drive is suspended in the retail container, so that the retail box protects to drive from direct impacts but I still wouldn't want to drop or toss the box around. Unfortunately that is exactly what happens during shipping and Amazon is inconsistent about padding that box. But I'm happy to say that the drive tested fine with Western Digital Lifeguard Diagnostics - Extended Test. BTW same goes for the OEM one I got in comparison (miraculous considering the shipping for that one!). I did large file transfers between two of these on a fresh Windows & 64-bit install, P45/ICH10R motherboard (gigabyte ud3p) and throughput was 80MB/s - 114MB/s. I haven't run any performance Diagnostics, just looked at the Resource Monitor once in a while. So, decent performance. I'm going to run hw2bench and see what I get. It's a bit noisy with two of these in my quiet PC case, but not a bad sound, just purring every second
0 comments:
Post a Comment