Friday, September 30, 2011

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5-inch SATA hard drives combine 7200 RPM spin speed, 32 MB or 64 MB cache, SATA 3 Gb/s interface, and up to 2 TB capacity with an integrated dual processor for lightning-fast performance in demanding desktop, workstation, and multi-drive systems. Rock solid mechanical architecture and enhanced reliability features help protect the drive and the data stored on it. Backed by a 5-year limited warranty.

Size: 1 TB Brand: Western Digital Model: WD1002FAEX Format: CD Original language: English Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 1.00" h x 4.00" w x 5.80" l, 1.08 pounds Hard Disk: 1000GB WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5- Inch SATA hard drive combines 7200 RPM, 64 MB cache, and SATA 6 Gb/s interface for the ultimate in power computing. High performance electronics architecture features dual processors and bigger, faster caches for maximum read and write speeds. StableTrac The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations. 5 year limited warranty.

Most helpful customer reviews 166 of 171 people found the following review helpful. Great Drive - By Amazon packaging AOK pluto1999 First, this is a modern, newly introduced drive from WDC. In my opinion the best general-purpose device that you can get in this price range. For my purchase, I read some negative reviews from previous customers who are unhappy with Amazon's packaging of OEM devices. The risk of damage in shipping would be a real reason to shop elsewhere for such a sensitive issue, but cursing and frustration at such a page, I saw a note from Amazon that they had recently taken these problems, so I stayed to order unity. Here is the latest and I hope that the last word on this subject: problem solved. The focus will be sealed in an antistatic bag, protected by two end-mounted shock-absorbent plastic caddies, double boxing with the usual air-filled sealed. Unnecessary packaging system seems well designed and the device has worked like a champ so buy with confidence and prestige to the Amazon to respond to feedback from customers and ensure proper and safe packaging for this product. 82 of 88 people found this review helpful. Pressure cookers, but strong coffee! By AD Minton I have been using Western Digital hard drives and computers 1998th In fact, I have never had anything other than WD hard drives (1 TB 4.3gig). In all my years of use I've only had two go bad, but never "completely" failed. This suggests that the consequence of Western Digital in terms of reliability. With that said, I love black caviar are three of them in my system - 500, 750, and now the new 1 TB SATA 3 (64 meg cache). Although there is a noticeable speed increase on my previous Caviar Black 1TB (32Megs), the previous version was / is extremely quiet! These new SATA disk 3 is LOUD! Sounds like a pot of coffee percolating in the highest boiling point, especially during startup and file access is very annoying, especially if the loudest part of your system! I put a system in an X i7 Cooler Master HAF case has 4 fans - a front 230 mm 700rpm less than 19 dBA (red LED), a Top 19 dBA, 7000rpm 200 mm, 140 mm a 19 dBA Rear 1200rpm. My Noctua CPU cooler fan reaches 19 dBA at 1200 load condition. At idle my ATI 4890 video card fan runs at around 27 percent, are in-audible over the other fans. My point .... My case is extremely quiet .... Store in New WD Caviar Black SATA 3 HD! By this I return to my previous 32Megs cache HD Caviar Black 1TB. BTW this is a replacement unit when I thought the first unit was defective, due to the same noise. So I called Western Digital on this topic ... and make a long story short, they say it is normal, and the drive was not designed with noise, if you want a "quiet" drive, you need Caviar Black. Make of that what you .... I only know that the older 32mge Cache Caviar Black drives quieter than their cousins ​​64meg cache. Who could in search of quieter WD drives considered elsewhere (blue or green series), if the noise is a factor of speed. 4 stars. Edit. Went back to my previous drives due to the noise. If you have a Caviar Black, who is still out with 1FALS (32meg) vs. 2FAEX (64meg) 15 of 15 people found the following review helpful move. Works just fine with Lucas, I bought two of these. So far I installed one and it works very well. Do not forget to AHCI (instead of IDE mode) to allow on your PC. Just Google "enable AHCI 'to get instructions. See all 229 customer reviews ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment