Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(96)
-
▼
October
(31)
- Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB SATA 3 Gb/s...
- Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Black SATA 6 Gb/s 72...
- SEAGATE Expansion 3 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Ha...
- Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32M...
- LaCie Hard Disk 1TB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive de...
- Vantec CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Supp...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 Inch 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA II 32...
- Seagate Barracuda XT 2000 GB 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3....
- Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Blue SATA III 7200 RPM...
- Western Digital 3 TB SATA II Intellipower 64 MB Ca...
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 TB USB 3.0 Externa...
- Western Digital My Book for Mac 1 TB USB 2.0 Deskt...
- Seagate Momentus 7200 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 16M...
- Seagate Momentus 7200 750 GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 16...
- Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA II 64 MB Ca...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 Inch 3 TB CoolSpin SATA 6Gb/s...
- Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Blue SATAII 5400RPM ...
- Western Digital 1 TB Scorpio Blue SATA 3 Gb/s 5200...
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5 TB USB 3.0 Ultra-Port...
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 3 TB USB 2.0 Externa...
- Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipo...
- Western Digital 500 GB Scorpio Blue SATA 3GB/s 540...
- Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RP...
- Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB SATA III Intelli...
- Western Digital 500 GB Sata 6.0 Gb-s 16 MB Cache 3...
- Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB 5400 RPM SATA II...
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB USB 2.0 Ultra-Portab...
- Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32 M...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 inch 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb...
- Toshiba Canvio Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable External...
- Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk/OEM Hard ...
-
▼
October
(31)
Western Digital WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB SATA 3 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD1501FASS
The WD Caviar Black drives combine a high performance electronics architecture with a rock solid mechanical architechture to deliver the perfect storage solution for your fully loaded PC or maxed out gaming machine. Cool drive operation, no-touch head technology, leading edge vibration protection ensure enhanced reliability.
Size: 1.5 TB Brand: Western Digital Model: WD1501FASS Original language: English Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 1.00" h x 4.10" w x 6.10" l, 1.65 pounds Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5 TB SATA II 7200 RPM 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive WD1501FASS
Most helpful customer reviews 19 of 22 people found the following review helpful. Great Drive for Great Price By A. Narayan Western Digital has drives set up in 3 different colors. The Green Series, The Blue Series, and the Black Series and also they have the Velociraptor High Performance 10,000RPM Drives. The Green is the most power friendly, usually slowest spinning drive, slower spin usually equates to slower access times and they are used mostly in home servers/Tivo/DVR any many other scenarios where low power consumption/low noise is important. The Blue series is a step up from the Green, usually offers a 16MB buffer, drive then is overall faster as more data can be stored in the drive's local memory. This unit of course has 64MB of memory, so it is great for access times on files that your system uses a lot. Dual Processors offload some of the processing from the CPU. The Black Series drive has 5 year warranty which for a drive this big and the usage you will be getting out of it, is a long time as in 5 years people will probably be buying 5-10 Terabyte hard drives as the norm, probably even larger drives as the new 3D Data storage technology is introduced and of course able to be utilized by the masses. In my opinion, for the people looking for a fast affordable drive, the Black Series are the best there is. If you are looking for anything faster, you will be considering Velociraptors or even the more expensive SSD's out there. For the best balance for price/performance/storage space, the black series is the way to go. I have 2 of the 1.5TB, 2 of the 2TB, and an SSD in my windows Home Server and love the Black Series of the WD Caviar drives. Can't wait for the Sata III's to become mainstream and cheaper so I can upgrade. 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. Nonfunctional on arrival By Josh Daniel S. Davis Drive shows up to BIOS and to Windows 2003 R2 SP2 on a PowerEdge SC440. Capacity is correct. Spindle is spinning. Attempts to put a partition on the drive fail with "Internal error". Tried three SATA-II ports on 2 different controllers. Tried Acronis (silently fails) and Windows' "Disk Managmenet". If I Plug this into a Linux system, I can partition it, but I can't format it. Take it back to Windows and try to format it, and it tells me "The Format Did Not Complete Successfully". If I remove the partition, it shows removed, but if I exit Disk Manager, then come back, the partition is back. If I assign a drive letter to the partition, it goes away as soon as I exit Disk Manager. If I assign a drive letter during partition create, it fails because the partition wasn't actually removed during "Delete Partition". I've found lately that not all drives are engineered the same. Barracuda 5900, Constellation 7200, and WD Enterprise FBY* drives seem to be happy and stable in all systems. WD Caviar of any type, and Barracuda 7200 seem to be unstable or fail quickly. This is just my experiences. I haven't set up labs to test everything, but I shouldn't have to. There was a time that you bought a drive, plugged it in, and it just worked. *sigh* 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. Dependable drive at a good price By Personne I put this drive into service about six months before posting this review. Before using the drive, I ran it through my own standard torture suite which includes a multipass surface test. The drive passed without difficulty: SMART tests indicated it was still comfortably within thermal tolerance--even after more than a day of full-time activity. After half a year of serving as my main system drive (Mac Pro), I can report that it's been dependable with quite acceptable performance. I've always bought WD drives with confidence. See all 24 customer reviews...
0 comments:
Post a Comment