Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(97)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 500GB USB 2.0 & FireWire...
- Verbatim 1 TB FireWire 400/USB 1.1 or 2.0 Desktop ...
- WESTERN DIGITAL, Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEV...
- Hitachi Ultrastar 3.5-Inch 3 TB 7200RPM SATA III 6...
- Western Digital 750 GB Caviar Black SATA 7200 RPM ...
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo 2-Bay 1 TB (1 x 1 TB) Desktop...
- Aluratek eSATA USB 2.0 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA Port...
- MiniPro 2.5-inch FireWire 800/400, USB External Ha...
- Vantec NexStar NST-D100UFS 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 4 TB (4 x 1 TB) N...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5-Inch 3 TB 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s...
- Western Digital 640 GB 5400rpm SATA2 8 MB 2.5-Inch...
- StarTech.com 3.5-Inch 4-Drive eSATA USB Multi Bay ...
- Hitachi Travelstar 2.5 Inch 500 GB 7200R PM SATA I...
- Buffalo Technology DriveStation Combo4 1.0 TB Desk...
- Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipowe...
- Toshiba Canvio 3.0 Plus 1 TB Portable Hard Drive E...
- Data Robotics Drobo 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SAT...
- Western Digital 2 TB SATA II 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch ...
- Fantom G Force Megadisk 4 TB USB 2.0/eSATA MDE4000
- Apple Mac Pro MC560LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
- Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 2 TB (2 x 1TB) Network S...
- Glyph Technologies GT-050Q Single Drive Tabletop H...
- Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB SATA II 32 MB Ca...
- Antec MX-1 USB/e-SATA 3.5-Inch Hard Drive Enclosure
- Acomdata Tango Pro USB 2.0/Firewire 400/Firewire 8...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5" 2TB 7200RPM SATA II 32MB Cac...
- Acomdata Samba USB 2.0/Firewire 400 3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Toshiba 2 TB USB 2.0/eSATA Desktop External Hard D...
- Western Digital 250 GB RE4 SATA 3 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64...
- Western Digital 640 GB Caviar Black SATA 3 Gb/s 72...
-
▼
January
(31)
Glyph Technologies GT-050Q Single Drive Tabletop Hard Drive, 7200rpm, Quad Interface: FireWire 400/800, USB 2.0, eSata - 1 TB
Glyph's fixed-mount tabletop, the GT 050Q, builds upon the success of the original GT 050 and adds FireWire 800, eSATA and USB ports. Designed for high-speed access to audio and video content, while at the same time offering flexible connectivity options, the GT 050Q is the highest performing Quad interface drive on the market today. The GT 050's durable design features an internal power supply, whisper-queit fan, and 1/8" thick brushed stainless steel face plate. The scratch-resistant black powder-coated aluminum chassis offers additional heat transfer properties while allowing the drive to be lightweight and portable. Available with up to 750GB Seagate SATA 7,200 RPM drives, the GT 050Q comes standard with a three-year warranty that includes overnight advance replacement in the first year.
Brand: Glyph Model: 050Q Dimensions: 1.70" h x 9.50" w x 8.60" l, 4.41 pounds Hard Disk: 1000GB Desktop HDD - 5,900 and 7,200 RPM eSATA, FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 2.0 High quality storage mechanism Oxford 924 bridging chip for optimized use with Pro Tools eSATA Connectivity - 7,200rpm
Most helpful customer reviews 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. Professional Grade HD That I Can Depend On! By Silence Dogood Ever since we had multiple other HD's crash, I vowed to switch to a brand that we could depend on with a quality product and warranty. Glyph has never failed me once. The drive arrives in a secure, thick box and carrying case. The price is a premium over normal external drives, but the reliability, build quality, and features speak for itself: this is a professional grade product. If your data is truly important to you - for your family or for your work, I recommend it. 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. No better external hard drive for music By B. Carreras I really can't say anything about this product aside from the fact that Glyph makes THE BEST external hard drives for music. They come preformatted for Mac, which might be a problem for some, but it seems pretty easy to change the format over to Windows. I used a few cheaper external hard drives before this. After one crashed and wiped out all my recordings I decided to finally bite the bullet and buy a Glyph. I am so happy I did. I have used this Glyph about a dozen times and have never had a problem with it. If you're looking to digitally record music, this is the way to go. It costs a few extra bucks, but it is more than worth it. 2 of 3 people found the following review helpful. Best in the industry By samtheman1925 I've always heard that Glyphs are the best hard drives in the music industry. So i picked up the 1TB GT 050Q, and I'm very satisfied with it's performance thus far. Pro's - it's fast- fast enough to put my Komplete 7 and Vienna symphonic library sample libraries onto and stream from, and to save my audio files from Pro tools 8 to. - It's SO sturdy. I love the enclosure, it's just very solid. I also really like the power switch. This thing's just built like a tank. - It comes with a nice, solid case - No wall wart - Has every type of connection you could ask for. It's just nice to have options. - 3 year free replacement warranty, and free data recovery for up to 1 year i believe. AWESOME!!! Cons - It's LOUD - Daisy chaining my Mbox 3 Pro to this drive has produced unsatisfying results, especially when working with Pro Tools. The firewire bus is overflowed or underflowed every time I save my audio files to the glyph or try to load up my sample libraries. Sucks because I only have one firewire port on my Macbook pro... I bought an adapter to go from Firewire 400 out of the Mbox into macbook pro USB, haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping that will solve this problem. If i hat eSATA on my macbook, I would obviously use that. DAMN. - This hard drive is HUGE. It's reassuring that it's so solid, and the internal power supply means no wall wart, but it also means larger enclosure. It takes up a lot of desk space, especially when it's limited. It also makes taking on the road less than portable, but WORKABLE with the nice, although huge case. With my limited setup, it's hard to get the best out of this thing, but with all of the options, plus the speed, plus the sturdiness (which is alone worth it), I feel super confident that I couldn't have gotten a better drive. Definitely work Amazon's low 200 asking price. Can't go wrong with this tank. Don't screw around with your data! See all 6 customer reviews...
0 comments:
Post a Comment