Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(97)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 500GB USB 2.0 & FireWire...
- Verbatim 1 TB FireWire 400/USB 1.1 or 2.0 Desktop ...
- WESTERN DIGITAL, Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEV...
- Hitachi Ultrastar 3.5-Inch 3 TB 7200RPM SATA III 6...
- Western Digital 750 GB Caviar Black SATA 7200 RPM ...
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo 2-Bay 1 TB (1 x 1 TB) Desktop...
- Aluratek eSATA USB 2.0 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA Port...
- MiniPro 2.5-inch FireWire 800/400, USB External Ha...
- Vantec NexStar NST-D100UFS 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 4 TB (4 x 1 TB) N...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5-Inch 3 TB 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s...
- Western Digital 640 GB 5400rpm SATA2 8 MB 2.5-Inch...
- StarTech.com 3.5-Inch 4-Drive eSATA USB Multi Bay ...
- Hitachi Travelstar 2.5 Inch 500 GB 7200R PM SATA I...
- Buffalo Technology DriveStation Combo4 1.0 TB Desk...
- Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipowe...
- Toshiba Canvio 3.0 Plus 1 TB Portable Hard Drive E...
- Data Robotics Drobo 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SAT...
- Western Digital 2 TB SATA II 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch ...
- Fantom G Force Megadisk 4 TB USB 2.0/eSATA MDE4000
- Apple Mac Pro MC560LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
- Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 2 TB (2 x 1TB) Network S...
- Glyph Technologies GT-050Q Single Drive Tabletop H...
- Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB SATA II 32 MB Ca...
- Antec MX-1 USB/e-SATA 3.5-Inch Hard Drive Enclosure
- Acomdata Tango Pro USB 2.0/Firewire 400/Firewire 8...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5" 2TB 7200RPM SATA II 32MB Cac...
- Acomdata Samba USB 2.0/Firewire 400 3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Toshiba 2 TB USB 2.0/eSATA Desktop External Hard D...
- Western Digital 250 GB RE4 SATA 3 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64...
- Western Digital 640 GB Caviar Black SATA 3 Gb/s 72...
-
▼
January
(31)
Western Digital 2 TB SATA II 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Retail Kit - WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRS
Western Digital Caviar Black WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN 2 TB Internal Hard Drive WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN Hard Drives - Internal
Brand: Western Digital Model: WDBAAZ0020HNC-NRSN Platforms: Mac, Windows Format: CD-ROM Dimensions: 7.63" h x 5.00" w x 2.63" l, 1.65 pounds Hard Disk: 2000GB High Performance Electronics Architecture - Dual processor - Twice the processing power to maximize performance. Ultra cool and quiet - Keeping the drive cool enhances reliability. WD continues to develop new and innovative ways to keep drives cool while they are operating which helps protect the drive and the data stored on it. NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit. IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration. StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations. Interfaces - SATA 3 Gb/s
Most helpful customer reviews 6 of 6 people found the following review helpful. WD2002FAEX By Yogi I ordered this retail drive package because it had great reviews on another retailer's site. The actual HDD in the box was model WD2002FAEX, which is actually a 64 MB cache, SATA 6.0GB/s model. That makes this retail version $10 cheaper than the same bulk drive here on Amazon: Western Digital 2 TB Caviar Black SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD2002FAEX I haven't tried the drive yet, but I got more than I expected since Amazon's product description lists this as a 32 MB cache, SATA 3.0GB/s model. 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. really a WD2002FAEX? By E. G. Tacsik Consistent with the comment from Yogi, the actual HDD in my box was also a WD2002FAEX. Again, this is the newer 64 MB cache, SATA 6.0GB/s Caviar Black model - though inconsistent with the "32 MB cache" stated on the front of the box. While I don't see any mention of interface speed on the box, I'll note that I was told by WD support that the ONLY difference between the WD2002FAEX and the (older/earlier) WD2001FASS is that the SATA interface was updated from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s - and that the actual drive mechanism/heads/platters etc. are identical. So, while WD obfuscates the actual drives contained in their "Retail Kits," perhaps it is simply to make the numbering of the kits more consistent and independent of what may be considered minor drive production changes such as the interface speed. Lastly I'll note that the "Retail Kit" box contains ONLY the drive itself, "Quick Install Guide" and "Mounting screws". As the cardboard box, Quick Install Guide (also available online) and 4 screws have near zero value, I would consider the WDBAAZ0020HNC (Retail Kit) and the WD2002FAEX (Bulk/OEM) identical and would buy whichever is cheaper - IF one could somehow be sure the box would actually contain the WD2002FAEX drive ;-) As an aside, I'll note I have 3 of the WD2002FAEX/WD2001FASS drives and I've had one fail after ~3 yrs. The failure was somewhat soft and I was able to recover the data - and the drive was (painlessly) replaced under warranty. Another BIG plus to WD is that they have an toll free 800 number and offer outstanding and easily reached customer support - which I believe is American-based!!! 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. Good reliable storage By Peter M. Eick This is the 8th drive like this I have bought for work. They are basically disposable floppy disks to us and we just use them for a project and retire them. So far they have been very reliable but we rarely use them more then a few months. We use them on generators ship power and some very poor conditions. High vibration moving conditions etc. No problems like I said so we keep buying them. I would give it a perfect score if the usb3 cable connection was a bit tighter fitting in the drives See all 5 customer reviews...
0 comments:
Post a Comment