Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(97)
-
▼
January
(31)
- Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 500GB USB 2.0 & FireWire...
- Verbatim 1 TB FireWire 400/USB 1.1 or 2.0 Desktop ...
- WESTERN DIGITAL, Western Digital Scorpio WD3200BEV...
- Hitachi Ultrastar 3.5-Inch 3 TB 7200RPM SATA III 6...
- Western Digital 750 GB Caviar Black SATA 7200 RPM ...
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo 2-Bay 1 TB (1 x 1 TB) Desktop...
- Aluratek eSATA USB 2.0 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA Port...
- MiniPro 2.5-inch FireWire 800/400, USB External Ha...
- Vantec NexStar NST-D100UFS 2.5-Inch/3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 4 TB (4 x 1 TB) N...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5-Inch 3 TB 5400 RPM SATA 6Gb/s...
- Western Digital 640 GB 5400rpm SATA2 8 MB 2.5-Inch...
- StarTech.com 3.5-Inch 4-Drive eSATA USB Multi Bay ...
- Hitachi Travelstar 2.5 Inch 500 GB 7200R PM SATA I...
- Buffalo Technology DriveStation Combo4 1.0 TB Desk...
- Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipowe...
- Toshiba Canvio 3.0 Plus 1 TB Portable Hard Drive E...
- Data Robotics Drobo 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SAT...
- Western Digital 2 TB SATA II 64 MB Cache 3.5-Inch ...
- Fantom G Force Megadisk 4 TB USB 2.0/eSATA MDE4000
- Apple Mac Pro MC560LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
- Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 2 TB (2 x 1TB) Network S...
- Glyph Technologies GT-050Q Single Drive Tabletop H...
- Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB SATA II 32 MB Ca...
- Antec MX-1 USB/e-SATA 3.5-Inch Hard Drive Enclosure
- Acomdata Tango Pro USB 2.0/Firewire 400/Firewire 8...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5" 2TB 7200RPM SATA II 32MB Cac...
- Acomdata Samba USB 2.0/Firewire 400 3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Toshiba 2 TB USB 2.0/eSATA Desktop External Hard D...
- Western Digital 250 GB RE4 SATA 3 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64...
- Western Digital 640 GB Caviar Black SATA 3 Gb/s 72...
-
▼
January
(31)
Verbatim 1 TB FireWire 400/USB 1.1 or 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive 96639 (Black)
The Verbatim external desktop hard drive delivers outstanding quality, performance, and reliability for both professional and home users. Available in a FireWire/USB combination, the drive can store your music, photos, video, and data files on your PC or MAC. Powered by a 7200 RPM hard drive, the drive blazes through the most demanding audio/video applications allowing you to work more and wait less. The external hard drive includes CMS BounceBack Express Backup Software that allows you to automatically back up your personal content. BounceBack Express incorporates scheduling, backup sets, automatic launch options and CMS' QuickRestore feature.
Size: 1 TB Color: black Brand: Verbatim Model: 96639 Platform: Windows Format: CD Original language: English Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 7.80" h x 3.07" w x 9.53" l, 3.10 pounds CPU: AMD Athlon 1 GHz Memory: 128000MB DRAM Hard Disk: 1024GB Graphics: This is the description of the PC Graphics 256MB Processors: 1 Native resolution: 640x480 Display size: 669.2913385827 FireWire/USB combination drive High-performance 7200 RPM hard drive Easy-to-use backup software included Store thousands of photos, videos, and MP3s New! Extended 7-year limited warranty--same price!
Most helpful customer reviews 20 of 21 people found the following review helpful. This Harddrive has it's Flaws By CJ I've had this harddrive to backup my data for my iMac for 1 1/2 Years now... it never gets hot like my old harddrive, when writing data you can hear it and it is difficult to turn it on at times, I've had to press the power button several times to get it to turn on. However, It's always cool to the touch, which means it has proper air circulation which many more compact externals don't have which shortens their life span. Overall, it is fairly decent but with a high price tag you should get a better hard drive than this. 10 of 10 people found the following review helpful. Was fine until it failed (and replacement failed) By James J. Horning The Verbatim 1TB drive worked just fine for about seven months. Then one day it just refused to power up. The On/Off switch had no effect, even though the power adapter was delivering 12 VDC to its power socket. Customer support SUCKS! There is nothing remotely relevant in the (sketchy) troubleshooting section of the documentation. To get online support I had to register and get a password, which was supposed to be emailed to me, but didn't arrive. A week later, when I requested a resend, I got a password in a few hours. When I logged in, I discovered that the "Comment" from Verbatim Technical Support consisted of three suggestions, each of which individually revealed that VTS had not understood what I had said, followed by the instruction to call them on a (non-toll-free) number that does not operate nights and weekends. This is still under warranty, but my expectations are not high; I am buying a different brand for a replacement, and will use the Verbatim for a spare if they fix it. Incidentally, I consider it a design flaw that the On/Off switch is "soft": Even when it works, after a power failure, the disk must be manually switched on again after power is restored, which can cause serious problems when the system is running unattended. Added 12/19/2009: After less than nine months, the replacement failed in exactly the same way. I will never buy another Verbatim product. 5 of 5 people found the following review helpful. External Case Quit Working By jb_kyfan I also had this product for about 1 year and it worked flawlessly. Just today I tried using it and it would not power up. After reading the reviews here, I did not want to send my hard drive back in for warranty repair since I would lose all my data so I opened up the device and put the hard drive internally into my computer and it worked just fine. Makes it difficult to use as a backup drive for my other systems now but at least I can get to my data. I'll probably buy a new external housing for it so I can use it as an external drive. In the future, I'll be sure to recommend to others to do the same (buy the drive and external housing separately). See all 15 customer reviews...
0 comments:
Post a Comment